How to limit the search results and the facet values specifically for a search client?
|Reported product version||Mamba'20|
|Resolved in version||Mamba'20|
To filter out an entire set of documents from search results without deleting them from a content source, there's an option Create Formula under the Search Client configurations. Follow the below steps to limit the search results for a search client:
- Login to SearchUnify Admin panel.
- Navigate to search client and click Edit.
- Navigate to Content source tab > Select the content source and click on Create formula.
- Drag the objects/fields in the gray box to create the Formula list. For Example "Publication Status" is a field that gives the whether the article is published or not..
- After creating the Formula list, for a given field, create the action that will be used to filter the results. For Example: "publish status" action will filter articles whose status is shown as "Online".
- For single or multiple operations, you will have to create a formula field mapping. For Example NOT("publish status") will not show articles whose status is "online".
- Click Save.
Please refer to this article for more details.
Please follow the below steps to Exclude values from facets for a Search client:
- Navigate to Search Clients in the Admin panel and click on Edit icon for a Search client.
- Navigate to Content Source tab.
- Once a Content type is selected as facet, it will show an Exclude option to remove certain facet values. Click Exclude.
- Enter the Facet values (separated by commas) that you want to exclude, and click Save.
Note: Don't put a space between a facet value and a comma. Please refer to this article for more details.
Please sign in to leave a comment.