What is the best way to exclude multiple pages from search when they are not in the same folder structure?
How to restrict the search to a specific knowledge article?
|Reported product version||M'21|
|Resolved in version||M'21|
The best way to exclude the docs while crawling would be to add all the URLs to the "Should not crawl" section. Below are the steps:
- Navigate to Content Sources in Admin Panel
- Edit website type Content Source from which you want to exclude the docs.
- Navigate to the Rule tab and click "By Filter"
- Add pages in the "should not crawl" section. This will prevent these pages from being indexed and shown in search result pages.
Note: These URLs will also be excluded by auto crawlers that are running after a given frequency. Also, this feature is only available for website-type content sources.
Additionally, To restrict the search to a specific knowledge article, it is required to know the "record type id" of that article type. Once it is known, the below steps can be followed to configure it in the SU admin panel:
- Click on Content source in SU admin panel
- Edit content source
- Click on the "Rules" Tab
- Click on the "Manage conditions" option for a given Salesforce object
- Drag the record type ID field and enter the "record type ID" that you want to crawl.
Please sign in to leave a comment.