New Content Source Crawling issues
Saurabh Jain last edited by Arshi
What are the possible causes of Crawl failure for a new Content Source?
Environment Production Reported product version C'20 Resolved in version C'20 Module Content Source
- Invalid credentials
- Incorrect content source name
- Incorrect client URL
- Incorrect crawling Start Date
- Overlap of crawling operations with patch deployment
- Mismatch between the article fields and fields configured in the admin panel.
- Ensure that the login credentials of the content source are the same as the ones used to connect the content source in the SU admin panel.
- Check if the content source name contains any non-ASCII characters. Only ASCII characters should be used to set the content source name.
- Only baseURL should be used while configuring content source in the SU admin panel.
- The crawling start date should not be current or future date but should be in the past, from when you would like crawling to start.
- If crawl fails in between, check with your CSM if there was any patch deployment happening while crawling was in progress.
- If you have updated the article structure for one of your content sources by deleting a field, make sure to update the SearchUnify admin panel object fields for a given content source.
For more information on how to configure a new content source please visit: https://docs.searchunify.com/Content/Content-Sources/Content-Source.htm