Search Analytics - Short Definitions
sugrokker last edited by sugrokker
This article offers one- or two-sentence definitions of analytics terms as they are employed in SearchUnify. The article can be bookmarked and used as a handy reference. For details, refer to the official documentation on Search Analytics.
This list will keep on expanding as SearchUnify adds new reports and missing terms are spotted and included.
- Cases Logged. The total number of cases created on the support page where a search client is installed.
- Clicks. The total number of results opened across all your search results pages in all sessions.
- Click Sessions. Search sessions in which at least one result was clicked.
- Click-Through Rate. See 14; Search Conversion Rate.
- Daily Average Searches with No Click. It is the average of Searches with No Click over the selected Date Range.
- Daily Average Searches with No Result. It is the average of Searches with No Result over the selected Date Range.
- Daily Average Sessions with Unsuccessful Searches. It is the average of Sessions with Unsuccessful Searches over the selected Date Range.
- Daily Average Unsuccessful Searches. It is the average of Unsuccessful Searches over the selected Date Range.
- Exit. The number of sessions ended.
- Featured Snippet. A summary of an answer to a user's query, which is displayed right there on the search results page without the users having to click through to a specific result (Majorly works with How-to articles).
- No Click Sessions. Search sessions in which no result was clicked.
- No Search Sessions. Sessions in which a user didn’t run any search.
- Search Conversions. All searches with clicks are "search conversions".
- Search Conversion Rate. The ratio of the number of conversions to the number of either All Searches or Unique Searches.
- Search Sessions. The sum of sessions in which at least one search was performed.
- Searches with Results. Searches with results refer to the list that is created in response to a search query.
- Searches with No Click. Search queries where results were shown up on the search client, but users haven’t probably found the results relevant.
- Searches with No Result. Searches for which no result is produced.
- SearchUnify Case ID. Unique case ID in a Salesforce org.
- Sessions. A session is a group of interactions between a user and your website, community, or another platform that takes place during a specified period.
- Sessions with Unsuccessful Searches. This counts the number of sessions where at least one unsuccessful search was recorded. Both Searches with No Result and Searches with No Click are Unsuccessful Searches.
- Successful Searches (Clicks). List of searched queries which returned at least one result and at least one of the results is clicked
- Support Sessions. Sessions in which at least there was at least one visit to the page defined in the Support Page URL.
- Total Searches. The total number of times search was used on your website or community.
- Total Sessions. Total number of sessions
- Unique Searches. The total number of times your website or community search was used, excluding facet selection/deselection, pagination.
- Unique Unsuccessful Searches. The number of search queries for which either nothing was found or no result was clicked in at least one search.